Dramatic SFB: Late War

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Sat Jan 5 08:54:00 PST 2019

> Two questions on borders:
>     First, how did some people end up with more or less than the
> starting 9 borders?  Shouldn't we all have 9?

That was the plan. But one of the players didn't like who he was lumped
with, and implored me to change his situation.

So he traded in two of his neighbors (6 borders) for a smattering of
additional borders with other people. That was certainly better than
maintaining the nice pretty numbers that everyone started with, in
exchange for re-calculating everyone's borders.

Then he wondered, with the tone of one who wants another change, why he
was given a reduce opportunity (6 borders vs the original 9). Shortly
after my response, he decided he wanted to step away from the group for
a bit.

>     Second, how will the borders of players connected to the player
> that dropped be handled?  Will they be connected to each other in some
> fashion?

Normally when a player bows out, I do try to connect his neighbors
together in some equitable fashion. Usually one's number of borders
don't change by much (generally by one or two.) However, you might find
that you are suddenly connected with a person on the complete-other-side
of the abrupt-hole the departing empire created.