Dramatic SFB: T2 Battle Report

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Fri Jan 4 16:27:24 PST 2019

> You should not have been able to field North Carolina (SC3) and Lewis
> (SC3) in #3116
> You were limited to maximum Size Class 4 ships as a defender.
> Lucky that the Laser Toy did not sent any ships :-)
>
> I wonder if you should get a victory for it or it should be dropped
> with no resolution

The other guys have it right. The check for illegal ships only occurs
once you have to put down cardboard. If the other guy doesn't show up,
then you get through scot-free.

A corollary is that if the other guy flees without a fight, then your
own illegal fleet is allowed to win. Just so you guys know: sometimes it
helps to fight in the face of a presumed-larger-fleet