Dramatic SFB: T3 Late War Battle report - Cargo Tug #3347

Marcel Trahan marcel.trahan91 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 20:08:21 PDT 2019

Having been dispatched to captain an escort a small fleet to a tholian LTT
carrying critical part to a nearby planet, i expected a nice (if you can
call that nice to be stuck in an environmental suit), quiet (ever heard
tholians farting, far from quiet) and uneventfull (that was about to
change) cruise. The LTT Steadfast was escorted by NCL Defiant and DDP
Stalwart. As we were quietly going on our way at speed 6, long range
sensors spotted 2 hydran ships heading our way, a BAR and a TAR. We manage
to get to WS II as theyr were closing in and we did realised that they were
not expected to se us, their phasers not even charged (WS I). Being
outgunned, i flet that the best course of action was to get away as soon as
possible.

Turn 1:

My ships went up to speed 16, turning away from the hydrans ships. Stalwart
started doing EM while Defiant and Steadfast put some power in ECM. Hydran
ships went to speed 15/17/21/30.
Hydrans were slowly closing on up and on imp 27, Defiant casted a strenght
10 web in front allowing to slip pass it before the end of the turn,
keeping the web between us and the hydans.

Turn 2:

Steadfast and Stalwart went up to speed 25 while Defiant did 27/25.
Stalwart still doing EM while Defiant pump out ECM. Hydrans did 21/30,
still closing on us. On imp 10, Defiant casted a strengh 12 web in front
and we slipped through. Defiant dropped a TB on imp 21 and Steadfast did
the same on imp 22. We ended up the turn with the hydrans 10 hexes on our
tail.

Turn 3:

We remain at speed 25, still trying to get away. Hydran ships went up to
28/30. As they were closing on us, both hydran ships triggered the first
TB, doing 10 damage to both ships #6 sheild. On the following impulse, they
both move foward and then at the next one, the TAR turned left and
triggered the second TB, doing another 10 damage to its #6 sheild while the
BAR kept moving foward. On imp 16, Defiant casted a strenght 12 web 2 hexes
in front of us. As the hydrans were still closing on us, we slipped through
the web and as it solidified, Defiant dropped it #3 sheild and Steadfast
its #5, transporting TBs near the extremities of the web. This forced the
hydrans to turn to the right, allowing us the time to raise sheilds before
they could go around the web and the TBs force them not to get closer to
us. We ended up having the hydrans 10 hexes on our tail.

Turn 4:

Starting the turn at range 10 from the hydrans, Defiant went up to 31 while
Stalwart did 29 snd steadfast di 25. The pursuing hydrans did 2829/30. We
started doing the tractor yoyo trying to get some distance. On imp 21, 6
stinger were launched at speed 27. On imp 30, the fighters fired their Ph-G
at Defiant atrange 13, doing 6 damage to its #4. On imp 31, the TAR fired
its 3 HB at +1 shift, one hiting for 5 damage to Defiant #4 and 1 point to
the other sheilds. We ended up the turn at range 13 from the hydrans.

Turn 5:

Starting at range 13 from the hydrans, Defiant, still holding Steadfast in
tractor kept doing speed 31 while Steadfast went down to sped 24. Stalwart
went to speed 27. Hydrans did speed 28/31/28, landing the fighters early in
the turn. Fighters were launched again later on. Defiant casted a web,
hoping to slow down the hydrans but they manage to slip around it. On imp
30, fighters fired an alpha strike of Fusion/HB and gatling on Defiant,
doing 25 damage of phasers/fusions on #5 sheild for 6 internals and both HB
hit as well for 13 additional internals. On imp 31, both hydrans ships
fired 3 Ph-1 and 1 HB, all hiting for 10 phaser and 7 HB internals breaking
the tractor link on the Defiant. Hydran TAR hit a TB as well for 10 damage
to its #6, doing 3 internals. On the last impulse, Hydrans ships fired all
remaining weapons that could bear on Defiant (3 Ph-1, 4 Ph-2, 2 Ph-G and 1
OL HB). Phasers coused an additional 7 internals from phasers and 10 more
from the OL HB that hit. At the end of the turn, Defiant still had enough
warp power to disengage by acceleration even if it was crippled.

With the NCL Defiant gone, DDP Stalwart decided to disengage, leaving the
LTT Steadfast to the hydran vultures.

NCL Defiant is crippled, DDP intact and LTT is dead.

Tholain Acting Commander

Marcel