Dramatic SFB: A Few Questions

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Fri Feb 22 16:52:13 PST 2019

> ... now that we're at Y180:
>
> First all shuttles and fighters get warp booster packs for free correct?
> All shuttles are assumed to be of the advanced type for free?  I.e.
> admin shuttles are A-Admin now without costing anything from CO budget?

Most of the scenarios state that such "are available if the year allows
them." Yes, both sides gets them for free.

> ... It still costs 8 from the CO budget then to get one and it also
> will be an A-MRS right?

Annex #6 is the overriding section here. I note there that swapping out
an A-Admin for an A-MRS does still cost 8 points.

> The [carrier] ... doesn't come with an EW fighter.  Can I convert one
> of them to an EW fighter?  If so I think this would technically be a
> [fighter]-E then and it costs 2 COs to do so?

You may do so through the mechanics posted in the campaign rules
regarding swapping out attrition units. e.g. compare the cost of one of
the fighters to be removed for the cost of the EWF. Pay the difference
in cost with COs if the new fighter is more expensive. Pay nothing if
the new fighter is cheaper.

There are costs associated with converting a fighter into an EWF if
there is none noted. I believe the cost is 2 points (to get it as a
two-seater. Note that the load-out changes for EWFs.)

> Assuming I can convert a fighter to an EWF if I want to make it a
> megafighter would it be 5 more from COs or 6 more (since I had to pay
> 2 more for it it's technically a 12 BPV fighter so half is 6)?

Yes. You would use the cost of the EWF (as listed, or as above) as the
basis for your calculation for adding the megapacks.