Dramatic SFB: Gorn verses Romulan in a fight over Dilithium.

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:11:05 PST 2019

Coming in turn one...Gorn had WS 2 and Roms 3. We closed at 20 mostly. With
the Gorn starting off in direction C before turning to D. I came up as the
Roms from the south in direction A heading directly at the Asteroid.

Imp 12 Charlie launched 2 Fs. One each right side from a ship. at range 10.
Rom...did nothing. Rom was running 6 ECM from the start. None for the
Gorns. Continued closing with Gorns changing heading to E after a while. On
imp 20...Gorns launched the other side Fs which where now facing me.  Rom?
Did nothing. Imp 22 Fire in the Night...finally woke up realizing those
were plasma torpedoes and sent a single warning plasma toward the BDD+ and
the HDD+...hoping to get them to leave. Did not seem to have much of an
effect. Ok I was wrong. Now both remain torpedo tubes on the Gorns launched
at range 5 as well as 4 GAS shuttles.

Well we cannot accept that kind of behavior so we powered up weapons and
reached out to touch the BDD+ and say hello. He upped his ECM from 0 to 1
using 1 of his two bats giving him a +1 defensive shift to the dice rolls.
All my torps....and 6 phaser 1s unloaded into the BDD+. 1S hit and both Fs
hit. One S was shot at something no one could see but the gunner who manned
the S...he was relieved of duty and sent to sick bay for mandatory drug
testing. 5 of the phaser 1s hit.  Total Damage done when the smoke cleared
was 50...29 being internals as he pulled his last Bat for shield
reinforcement. He took a severe pounding losing 3 phaser 1s, 1 phaser 3, an
F torp, all hull, all bat, all shuttle boxes and  3 warp both imp, 1 Apr,
Bridge and Aux Bridge. The captain will be missed...though he was not
missed this time. Also a Suicide shuttle chain reacted and blew up another
APR.

Next imp, The Romulan chose the better part of valor and did an HET back
towards C. the HDD turned in pursuit and BDD continued straight. Perhaps
his steering was damaged. As my rear firing RX phase came to bear it fired
on his down shield. Doing after adjustment, 3 damage costing him his last F
torp and 2 more warp. The first two torps continued closing...and
hit...like a stranger passing in the night...just kind of faded away as
they were fakes.

The rest continued chasing the rapidly advancing to the rear Romulan.
Seeing the HDD closing...the Captain after 4 impulses had passed...left a
small NSM surprise package behind.

Turn ended with the torpedoes sitting 2 off the Romulan's rear number 5.
And the HDD closing to about 5. the BDD had turned finally and was making
his way off into the distance heading A.

The 4 lonely Gas shuttles were closing on the asteroid.

Being polite I offered to let the Gorns depart with their dead. They were
stubborn. The turn started with the torps closing to 1, a WW coming out
heading D...and the Rom going speed 4. The Gorns were going 9 and 20 for
the HDD. Imp two...the torps slammed into the WW for 32. Doing 6 collateral
damage to my number 2 dropping it to 22. At this time...the HDD discovered
the NSM sitting directly in front of him by the old tried and true land
mine detection system. Stomp...advance...it blew up for 35 to his front
shield doing 4 internals. 2 warp and 2 hull. Shortly there after as he
continued to close keeping his front shield away. I increased to 14.
Voiding what remained of my WW. I had started bring FC up earlier anyway.
Realizing things were looking like rather bad...the HDD turned off and
moved off post haste...as I began to come around. I circled around...and
both the Gorns turned slowly to oblique angle me...and launched torps at
range 10 or so...a G from the BDD and a F from the HDD. Both closed and
hit. I shot a few phasers at each dropping the G by 3 points and F by
8...causing some shield damage. #16 dropped to 16 and number 1 to 18. I
then ignored them...and turned to destroy of capture me some GAS shuttles.
At which point...the Gorn decided to accept my offer and went home.

So ended the incident at the Dilithium asteroid.

Chuck