Dramatic SFB: Finishing Fleet Build

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:43:08 PST 2018

Lol yeah I over do it at times.

Ok in a nutshell. No Borders are bad bad bad.

The only reason to try and take a border is if you absolutely need to
reduce your combat area because it is hurting you too badly to have that
much area to defend.

So no one ever fights a No Border scenario because they gain nothing and
lose every possible point the could make in the future. It is a lose/lose
Pyrrhic Victory where winning hurts you as much or more than him.

Marcel's idea of must defend or you lose enough income to be hurt. And/or
the idea of a negative balance means you must kill a ship of equal or
lessor value or several ships to pay the cost would work better. As in
considering that all ships require some upkeep and maintenance and if your
balance is negative then you cannot support all your ships.

So this is why there is an issue with the idea.

Chuck