Dramatic SFB: Fed 69th Attrition Turn 14

Pat Hogan hazelnut1968 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 23:09:32 PDT 2018

ANDROMEDAN SECTOR
COLONY RAID 2537
Commodore Banks exited the shower, dried himself off and donned the Jimmy Buffet concert T shirt, cargo shorts and flip flops he had synthesized earlier, in his suite on the Light Carrier USS Potomac.  Tonight, the crews of five Federation starships were scattered across the planet below, as well as the station 10000 meters off the starboard bow; enjoying shore leave.  Tomorrow begins the wargames signifying the end of the shakedown cruise for the new Heavy Fighter Carrier USS LeMay.  But for tonight, he was going to enjoy the sunset and some spiced rum at a tiki bar on one of the planet's beaches.
"Commodore Banks, report to the bridge," the speaker in his quarters cried.  Almost simultaneously, the ship started heading to Red Alert.
It was a short walk to the turbolift and q auick trip to the bridge.  As the doors parted, a lieutenant announced "Commodore on the Bridge."  The Senior Officer Present, a Lieutenant Commander Myers; reported the current status to the Commodore.
"Sir, there are 5 Andromedan vessels closing our position at Warp 7.  I have already initiated a recall of all personnel from the planet and station."
"Thanks Commander.  When will Captain Peters be back?"
"Sir, the Captain has checked in and should be aboard within the next minute."
"Get me a channel to the fleet," the Commodore told the comm officer.  "Channel open," the Lieutenant said.  "All ships.  This is Commodore Banks.  There is an Andromedan Squadron closing our position at Warp 7.  Bring the fleet to Red Alert and recall all your personnel if you haven't already.  Do it smartly, people.  They will be here in less than five minutes.  We've been caught with our pants down and must withdraw.  We can't fight them off with our ready fightersl.  Once able to do so, withdraw and meet at coordinates Tango Delta Seven Two Bravo.  Banks out."
The United Federation of Planets recognizes that a State of War exists between us and the Andromedans as of this date

COLONY RAID 2538 - We had not considered attacking the Andromedan Colony.  But, starting next turn...it's on....

GREAT GORN SECTOR
HOSTILE MILITIA 6907 - All quiet here.  No militia, no nothing.
COLONY RAID 2541 - We would not dream of attacking our ally.
PROSPECTING RAID 2542 - All quiet.
DILITHIUM CRYSTAL ASTEROID 2543 - Our shipbuilding program has greatly increased the size and power of the Fleet; but our borders have also increaed in size.  We conceded this to our Gorn allies because we didn't have enough ships to go around.  We will suspend our shipbuilding program and build some small, inexpensive ships to patrol the backwaters of space; thereby releasing our capital ships to wreak havoc on the enemy.
CONVOY RAID 2544 - Nothing happening here.  The Convoy made it to it's destination safely.
EVANCUATE OBSERVATORY 2545 - The Observatory was evacuated safely.  We've noticed that there are a lot of observatories that require evacuation.  Perhaps building new observatories in safer regions of space might be in order.
DRAGON 2546 - We would not dream of interfering with our ally while they dispatch these monsters.

KLINGON DEEP SPACE FLEET
Our war would continue with them, if we could only get enough ships assembled...
PROSPECTING RAID 2566 - Couldn't spare the ships to attack.

KZINTI TERRITORIAL MARKING FLEET

CONVOY RAID 2567 - All Quiet
DEATH STAR 2568 - Nothing happening here either.
COLONY RAID 2569 - Like we would really attack one of our strongest partners and allies.  Sheesh!
REFUGEE FLIGHT 2570 - We would not be heartless enough to attack our cuddly and defenseless Kzinti neighbors in their time of need.
PLANETARY BOMBARDMENT 2571 - Nor would they bombard our shit.
COLONY RAID 2572 - All quiet and serene
ARTIFACT SINGULARTY 2573 - Here again is one we had to gift to our Kzint friends because we didn't have enough ships to go around.
PROSPECTING RAID 2574 - All quiet.

REMUS ROMULANS

TECH SABOTAGE 2575 - Our pointy eared neighbors wouldn't sabotage us; nor us them.  Besides, if all hell broke loose, how would we get our Romulan Ale?
COLONY RAID 2576 - All quiet
PROBE RECOVERY 2577 - Again; we didn't have enough ships to patrol this one and happily ceded this one to our friends; so that someone might benefit.
MORAY EEL 2578 - We would not attack our neighbors while they are fighting this thing off at the same time.
CONVOY RAID 2579 - Our convoy arrived safely
DRAGON 2580 - We were able to take care of this menace without external interference.

PUNISHING PELADINE
CARGO TUG 2581 - We are not attacking the Paladine at this time.

The Federtion 69th Border Enforcement Squadron is Ready to Advance.