Dramatic SFB: Andro encounters T11

joshua s badreligiontrk07 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 23:20:33 PDT 2018

Not many encounters to report tried my best to even out my deployment but I seem to get a bad draw on the no borders penalty more often than not. Counter-productive if you want to spread out your fleet.

GGG: Only one possible engagement the Gorn have already signal their wish to withdraw from the field. #1735 dilithium crystals are now in the hands of the invaders.

Boulder Quarry for Crater Glory:  I have an overwhelming force present in one of the scenarios (#1775) but appear to have a good fight for #1772, however, Ken stated he's out and we just got a good one too.

All other scenarios are either dropped or only one side showed up.

With Ken( basing this on his last email, if I'm mistaken I do apologize) out it seems I will have even less scenarios for my massive fleet which will probably end up in overwhelming fights or I will have simply not deploy all of my ships which I can do and probably should have done earlier. I digress, the point is that leaves us another player down. Additionally, we have several new players who joined at different points might this not be a good time to restart the campaign? I know some of us just now got our fleets to our liking and progressed far enough to get some ships we wanted to play (me included), but with Ken, Daniel and Matt and several new additions restarting will give us an "even" playing field again. Food for thought.

If we do decide to restart I'd like to offer a suggestion: remove the "no border" penalty or find another way to implement it's function if people really want it. To me it seems counter productive to the way the campaign plays, drawing less scenarios means less chances to fight over EP and most players seem to avoid scenarios where the defender gets that penalty, thus creating situations where one would commit forces to fewer scenarios resulting in more encounters with overwhelming forces present. Granted one could just not bid his entire fleet but my point still stands it seems rather counter-productive.

Anyways, any kind of feed back would be appreciated!

Josh (Blackwind)