Dramatic SFB: Experienced players in the midshipmans game

Glenn Somerfield glenns134 at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 15:39:11 PDT 2018

good chance ill be in no matter what is up .......
glenn sumo ....diggin the pow pow     On Saturday, May 5, 2018, 9:29:51 AM CDT, Matthew via SFBdrama <sfbdrama at lists.mattnet.org> wrote:

 Heya folks.

I've heard that several of you have joined the Midshipman's Game that
Frank has spun up. That game is intended to let the new players get
their feet wet in the campaign format, before diving in with you sharks.
That is a short campaign, intended to allow them to make mistakes
without lasting repercussions, and then they are likely to get folded
into the "main" campaign.

I suspect many of you have jumped at that game because it allows you to
have twice the opportunity at Pow Pow. Therefore I will spin up a second
campaign for this purpose. Anyone have some suggestions on starting
year, border rationale, or other campaign options?

Some border rationales I have considered in the past are along the lines
of a full F&E setup (you get as many border spots as the F&E map has
hexes with the given empire), or to segregate the empires into three or
four like-technology groups (drones together, plasma together, the rest
together) and let random bordering branch them out.

Dramatic SFB campaign chatter list
http://sfbdrama.mattnet.org
SFBdrama at lists.mattnet.org