Dramatic SFB: The Morey Eel of Space #1231 Pow Pow Campaign

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 19:20:57 PDT 2018

A Ravaging Morey Eel was observed closing at extreme range from a Romulan
Planet...Millions of people would die if it reached it...so The Intrepid
Fleet consisting of the 1st Legion and the 1st Centurian were sent out to
deal with the creature. Watching and studying it...they closed in slowly to
see if it would actually have to be destroyed. When suddenly 3 Unknown
ships appeared closing from the other side of the Creature. Caught by
surprise...the crews still reacted professionally and went immediately to
Battle Stations...starting the long process of bringing cold weapons to
life. The phaser banks were at least warm...but the G Torpedoes were not
even a thought before this occurred.

Studying the oncoming ships...it was reported by the sensor operators that
they appeared to already be at battle stations with all their weapons fully
charged. Fear went through the crews but they maintained their posts
admirably.

A message was sent forth to the unknown ships....Stay away...this Creature
is dangerous and is closing on an inhabited world with millions of innocent
people on it. If it reaches the world they will all die. The replay came
back...Nothing but haunting laughter.

They were warned again...that if they interfered and caused the death of
the planet's population that we would be in perpetual war with no quarter
asked or given....again...just laughter.

And so...with heavy hearts as we saw the full reports on those ships come
in...our Destroyer and Frigate were facing a War Cruiser and a War
Destroyer supported by a Scout. No wonder we had not seen them with the
scout to mask their approach and they naturally had seen us.

We came to a full stop...and reversed engines after 8 impulses...moving
away from the creature and them as we tried desperately to bring our
weapons online. We dropped front shields...and using our 1 transporter
each...we placed T bombs i front of the creature hoping to do enough damage
to at least kill it and save the planet even though doing so meant we would
almost certainly die. Then we cloaked...and prayed...and also dropped a
hidden NSM in the hex we were in...after the first move backwards...we
dropped the second hidden NSM...unfortunately an unknown bug in the game
system caused the NSMs to be visible while in the hex we were in. Hopefully
that issue will be addressed soon.

So the chase was on...all mines hit the oncoming EEL and dd 90 points of
damage to it...as it plodded along at speed 12. The Lyrans as we finally
identified them...were charging forward at 23 and 25...turn two went by
without much change except The 1st Legion managed to chew gum and walk at
the same time and increased speed to -19. The hapless Snipe...being very
limited...stayed at -10. And that was the poor 1st Centurians downfall. He
could not move fast enough to stay out of the Lyrans path. We did though
drop two more T bombs into the Creatures path. Yet again...we heard
laughter...as the Lyran DW...closed and set off both bombs...taking the 20
points on itself...on its number 1 shield. The Snip turned off trying to
hide...and failed. The DW turned towards it...and increased speed...putting
up two ESGS at range 0 Max strength for a 40 points. The Snipe launched its
one shuttle piloted by Bob the Brave but Possibly Stupid. The Lyran simply
shot it from space with two Phaser 3s at range 1. And then over Ran the
Snipe. The Snipe took 20 internals...the snipe was now almost powerless and
was weaponless....and even so...the DW shot it at point blank range and had
amazing accuracy. Hitting for 7 points of phaser damage through the down
shield and doing full damage. Even with the distortion of the cloak. It was
like he could see the ship clearly. The snipe now with 4 boxes left...was
nothing but a floating hulk.

Having had their fun...the Lyrans made a surprising offer...Give them the
Snipe and the BH could leave....The Captain of the BH...Sir Why
Me...replied...only if you kill the EEL for us and save our planet and
allow us to take off the injured and crew of the 1st Centurian. After some
discussion about what this would mean...it was agreed...and the Lyrans were
declared the winner of this contest even though the EEL died but the planet
was saved...and the grateful population lived.

We will meet again Lyrans...and when we come...we will demand the return of
our property. So take good care of our Snipe.

So ended the Morey Eel encounter. We will be going on a Snipe hunt soon.
Stay tuned for the further adventures of the LEGIONS of ROME. (Voice over
actor with deep announcer voice optional here).

Chuck Emperor of Rome...and proud of the ships and crews who did the best
they could against overwhelming odds. As for the Lyrans, they will rue the
day they took our Snipe.