Dramatic SFB: Pow Pow Powers Game

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Sat May 5 20:06:38 PDT 2018

New campaign open. This is intended to provide Pow Pow to players who
can't get enough in other campaigns. I expect this to be a game that is
more loose on the seriousness (I expect to treat it as so. I'll be less
inclined to tamp down on unbalanced situations as with the "Attrition
War" game.) I also expect this game to focus more on aggressiveness and
Pow Pow.

It is open to all on the mailing list, even if they qualify for the
midshipman's game. This is a game that is not for the meek at heart, as
technology move quickly and some players have alot of SFB-Mojo.

This is a one-turn-per-year game, with conjectural units available (so,
you'll see some battleships after Y175). Any empire is available (some
late-year empires have very few ships available, though. Seltorian and
Vudar particularly.) The scenarios are the same as in any other campaign
(no income rewards), so there will be a stipend added to your stockpile
but you have to win scenarios to get the cash to buy ships.

Players will start with one border with every other player. These
borders can grow or completely disappear very quickly, but I expect
there to be a balance struck in about three turns.

Have fun, and watch your back.