Dramatic SFB: Status Report: #304 T2

Gregory Flusche shagrat1960 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:52:41 PST 2018

The attack by Paravian forces on the Great Gorn Confederation convoy is
over. The Paravians came in with half of the QWTs overloaded. This cut down
on there speed to much. The Gorn HDDs moved out to intercept the raiders.
While the Convoy turned off at its best speed. The Gorns then launched
there G torps and a F torp at the Raiders. noting the max speed possible by
the Gorns the Paravians launched a full load of overloaded QWTs burning
bttys to do so.

The Gorns were running Max ECM to include ECPs. The Paravian CA  burned its
last BTTY to increase ECCM to 3 and took control of all 6 QWTs. The Gorns
turned of to late and  the HDD Rajath took a full load of QWTs. Doing some
nice internals. The Paravians turned off to avoid the plasma but a bit to
late. Thankfully two of the G torps were fake and only flank shield damage
was taken.
Note that even with a +2 shift the 6 overloaded QWTs were able to smash a
shield.  (they hit after 9 moves 1-7-1) The Gorns did fire some phasers
into the QWTs. removing the splash element from 2 of the QWTs but not
destroying  partially due to the 3 ECM generated by the QWTs. The EW shift
did remove 1 more of the splash elements and cut a QWTs main element. My
thought here is High levels of ECM is really not that effective vs QWTs and
by flying them in flights of 6 torps one ship can take control and be
loaned and generate high levels of ECCM to help with the EW shifts.

With 2 more  G torps in bound and no way to get to the FTs. The Paravian
raiders decided to not arm QWTs and disnegage, With most phasers empty as
well as the Btty. All that could have been done was maybe crippling the
Rajath and that would have been iffy. That also would have exposed the
ships to possible plasma hits. There would have not been enough power for
speed to catch the FTs

Thus Victory for the Great Gorn Confederation.