Dramatic SFB: Territorial Marking Fleet Y175, T7 status

Boyd Steere boydsteere at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:48:41 PST 2018

*Lyran Front:*

*Convoy Raid #564  (Unresolved.  Available to roll for WS this weekend)*
After incoming warp field signatures matching Lyran waveforms were picked
up by a deep space listening post, Cheeth-Sub-Admiral dispatched a task
force to intercept the hostiles and defend shipping in that border sector.
Unfortunately, the site of trouble was so remote, and the threatening ships
so near, that only our destroyers had the strategic speed to reach the area
in time to organize and protect a convoy.

These are the *ancient enemies.  *Of course, we sent every destroyer we
have.

Three Lyran war destroyers accompanied by a war cruiser-scout emerge from
the black to shadow the convoy.  Five defending Kzinti destroyers,
including a scout, are ordered to General Quarters by the commodore on the
war destroyer leader *Pursues Movement. *The Kzinti will fight if the enemy
moves against the convoy, so the fate of both sides rests in the paws of
the Lyran commander as they decide whether to engage or withdraw.

*Klingon Front:*

All quiet.  We have no incidents to defend against the Klingons and need
our ships in other battles.

*Rival Kzinti Front:*

After a successful offensive against our Kzinti rivals who go by the motto
"Drones, Liquor, and Catnip", our forces pull back to avoid over-extending
our supply lines and brace for an expected counter-attack.

*Convoy Raid #557 (Encounter dropped with no resolution)*
A local noble family requested naval forces to defend a profitable trade
route in a region contested by other Kzinti Houses.  This remote area could
only be defended by small vessels given its poor logistic infrastructure.
Since all suitable forces were already devoted to the Lyran theatre, the
request was regrettably denied.

By luck, our Kzinti rival also did not dedicate fleet elements to this
region, so although we did not gain any economic benefit from this trade
route, neither did we lose freighters.

*Diplomatic Immunity #558 (Territorial Marking Fleet victory by default)*
Delegations of diplomats and translators on the way to a border world to
negotiate a treaty required escort to preclude interdiction by enemy
forces.  With our capital ships prevented from reaching other important
battle sites by distance and logistics, we sent three of them to ensure
that this delegation would proceed without trouble.

The protection was for naught, however, since no enemy ships moved to
attack the diplomatic ship and it safely arrived at its destination.
Still, our lead representative Ffoth-Speaker-to-Strangers made no effort to
dispel impressions that the massive military escort was a reflection of his
importance.

*Federation Front:*

*Passing the Baton #543 (Territorial Marking Fleet victory by default)*
Our new Federation police ship, the (soon to be renamed) *Cat in the Hat*,
was dispatched to the border that we share with the humans and their
leaf-eating allies.  There, it monitored the compliance of cargo tugs with
pod loading mass restrictions, the maintenance of pilot sleep logs, and
crew sobriety standards during weigh-station docking maneuvers.  A tug crew
was cited for having a pod come loose after its mounting coupler was
damaged during just such a procedure.

Kzinti liason officers on board the ship reminded its mixed human and
Caitian crew that Kzinti are bound by honor to fight to the death if
attacked in single, unarmed combat.  For safety reasons, the human custom
of *fist bumps *is therefore strictly prohibited.