Dramatic SFB: Andromedan ready to advance

joshua s badreligiontrk07 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 10 15:30:46 PST 2018

Convoy raid#354 in the books.

Turn 1: WS 1 for me, Paul WS3. Due to my weapon status and speed restrictions I plot 13/then go 15 early turn. Paul goes 20 for the CCH and 16 for the Gozer. He launches pair of F's from the CCH near the end of the turn. I identify them with the scout and both are headed for my Mamba.

Turn2: I plot 21 then SC off of batts to 26 scout goes 23 then 30. Paul goes 20 and 16 again but increases speed I assume off of batts to 25 and 22. I turn northwest and he chases me lat turn in turns southwest to go after the convoy. Launches a few torps and fires phasers  in to one of my CS. He cripples it. I turn south for pursuit.

Turn 3: Some fire works (literally) in this case. The CCH heads south then south west plotting 20 then 22. The survey cruiser heads toward my convoy and launches a couple fighters. I lay a t-bomb from the Leon (Cobra) and head towards his fleet plotting 28, and 21 with my scout. Scout lends ECCM 4 points to each combat ship. Having a chance to fire at R2( Which I should have done and would have kept my ship) I decide to move in closer he slips and centers lines my combat fleet I head in to him R0. He fires 50 points of plasma and 11  phaser-1's in to the Leon. I split my fire all of my phasers(14) and 2 trl's in to the survey cruiser and 5 trl's in to the CCH. My Cobra takes 34 internals well crippled, the survey cruiser takes 73 internals. The Gozer takes 18 internals off his flank shield. The 50 points hits the Leon destroying it doing more damage to his ships and killing his 4 fighters. I t-bombed 2 fighters he launched earlier. At this point we decide to talk it out. The Gozer can leave safely as I will circle around and blow up the cripple survey cruiser.

There were some obvious errors from both sides. I should have taken the R2 shot and HET'd away at most he could have crippled one of my ships assuming I didn't PA mine them down. I could have also saved my ship if I transported PA mines at those torps which I knew were real. I also should have used ECM instead of ECCM from the scout. The only real error I thought Paul made was slipping in to my fleet centerline giving me a R0 shot. Not launching his fighters sooner may have also been error. Despite the fact I got won and had a better trade in terms of ships destroyed (129+fighters vs 83). I'm going to call this a tactical victory for Paul. I out bpv'd him and probably should have walked away with no ships destroyed. Given his circumstances I think he played better.

As always thanks for your patience for my slow play Paul.

The Invasion continues....