Dramatic SFB: Turn preparation

Daniel Crispin calendyr at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 09:13:24 PST 2018

>tbh, it takes me usually 5 or 10 minutes to do orders, but I usually read over the scenarios, and mull over which to send what to over night, and fill them out the next day. but you're right, a week is getting excessive.

This is how I do my turn

I have a list of all the ships I want to build for the next several turns.  Took me about an hour to make that list.

So first thing I do is look at how much BVP I can spend, and compare with what I calculated when I entered the results for the previous turn to make sure there is no error.

Then I purchase the first ships on the list.  This takes about 10 mins.

I then read all the scenarios and make note about if I want to send ships or not, and if I do, a basic fleet strenght.  This is the longest part since I have to read every scenario in detail.  Takes me about 30 mins.

I then assign specific ships to the scenarios.  Takes me 10 min usually.

So I was being a fast when I said 30 mins.  It's more like an hour over all.  But still.... I see no reason this should take 5 days or more, especially when the turn start on a Thursday night.  Week ends are usually the time when people have the most free time (except for me, I work Thursday nights to Sunday nights).

Really hope we can cycle the tun today, I am really in the mood to fight 😉

Daniel