Dramatic SFB: Good News!

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Tue Jan 2 15:52:10 PST 2018

Happy new Year! Welcome to Y2018!

So the holiday season is officially over, now that national hangover-day
is over. So there's some good news for ya!

Also, Bram has gotten ahold of me. Yay!!  He told me the Kzinti diplomat
thought that the ships attacking the Kzinti convoy were some extinct dog
species. After seeing the psychologist for the last four weeks, the
Kzinti in question is willing to believe that extinct means extinct. So
that's all settled, until he starts hallucinating again: I bet next time
it'll be about talking racoons.

So Bram says we can advance the turn. Please perform a last check on
your orders and put your seat-trays in their full and upright positions.
I'll hit the button tomorrow.

Also, we have three (!!) new players from this holiday season. One you
might recognize as an old friend of ours, Frank "the five-front-war
Romulan" Lemay. Paul Graves has been on the tournament circuit for the
last 25 years and is finally making a plunge into the campaign scene.
And Charles Carroll has got the same story that most of us have: Used to
play alot but is coming back after a long haitus.

Because of the new players, many of us have suddenly got some borders we
didn't have last turn. I've tried to add borders mostly to those people
who didn't have much before; be ready to cover a much larger space than
you used to. Please don't panic. You've got time to beef up your fleets
and close down unwanted borders before our newest players are up to
speed on the situation enough to start handing us our hats.